Kiravans blackout campervan curtains have a black finish on one side and grey on the opposite. They are double-lined for exceptional thermal insulation and a darker window covering than standard curtains.
These are very high-quality curtains manufactured to our specification to ensure a wonderful finish in your campervan. (Our manufacturer also supplies curtains to Mercedes incorporating the same fabric and design!)
The fabric is stretchy with a fairly dense weave, giving very good light blocking and excellent thermal properties. The stretch feature of these curtains allows up to 20% extra height. The aluminium rails are robust and feature an attractive bevelled edge for a professional finish. Rails come pre-drilled and pre-bent for each window location to make fitting nice and simple.
Notes on fitting:
Due to the irregular shape of the rear windows on a Transit Custom, this kit will include curved top rails to fit inside the window indentation and straight lower rails to fit flat on the main door panel. The lower rail sits with the slider groove facing forwards towards the front of the van and is designed to be fitted underneath the door hinge, so the curtains will hang in a relatively straight drop without any sagging - see diagram in the product images.
Please also note, the position of the hinges on these vans and the irregular window shape does also mean that the barn door curtains have to be stretched quite tight and hence cannot form a 100% light seal.
- Blackout curtains ensure exceptional thermal insulation and a darker window covering. (Total blackout cannot be achieved with a stretch fabric so strong sunlight is still slightly visible).
- Blackout curtain rails are grey
- Stretchy fabric (up to 20% extra height)
- Dense weave for good light blocking and excellent thermal properties
- Robust, aluminium rails with an attractive bevelled edge.
- Pre-drilled colour matched rails (labelled top (T) & bottom (B)
- Strong gliders come pre-threaded on the curtains to save you time and are easily replaceable if needed.
- Low profile fixing screws are included which sit below the level of the gliders in the rail, no there's no risk of snagging
- Compatible with the Ford Transit Custom 2013+
- Compatible with both short & long wheel base vans
- Compatible with low/medium/high roofs
- Not compatible with the Ford Tourneo
- Not compatible with vehicles containing plastic trim/linings around the window fittings.
- 1 Pair of rails and a curtain for each window (2 x curtains & 4 x rails)
- 2 Tiebacks
- Pre-drilled colour matched rails
- End stops
- Fixing screws
- Fitting instructions