Got a double passenger seat in your Renault Trafic? Now you can make it spin round to face the back of your campervan.
Transform the living space in your van without losing all the benefits of the bench seat in the front.
The swivel mechanism is very different to normal single swivels. It uses a cunning slide and swivel approach so you will need to open the side door to allow the full range of movement. The seat is held securely in position while driving by 4 x specially engineered locking bolts.
Notes on fitting:
Fitting is even easier than the T5 model and only takes about 30 minutes. As these vehicles come with a seat-belt pre-tensioner system you do need to unplug one connection under the seat before turning (it only takes a few seconds). This needs to be plugged back in before driving off but your dashboard warning light will remind you if you forget. This product is also compatible with new models.
Currently, this swivel is not TÜV certified. We do intend to submit the swivel for these additional tests but at this stage do not have any concrete timescales.
TÜV approval process in Germany
We currently do not have TÜV certification for this swivel, however we have had a few customers in Germany successfully get it approved. If you are in Germany and are prepared to take the risk, please read the following document we have put together with the help of one of our customers. The document outlines the TÜV approval process: TÜV-Zulassung.
Our X83 Double Seat Swivel has passed seat belt anchorage safety tests conducted by STATUS (The Specialist Testing Facility at Manchester Met Uni) using a pull test on a specialist test rig to EC Directive 76/115/EEC as amended by 2005/41/EEC. The certificate can be downloaded here: X83 Trafic / Vivaro / Primastar Double Swivel STATUS Certificate.
- Self-levelling design to counteract sloping cab floor, making rotated seat actually comfortable to sit on!
- High density, low friction 'glide layer' for ease of rotation.
- External locking screws
- Compatible with 2001+ Renault Trafic vans (and all other van models in the (X83 range)
- Designed for original seats
- Compatible with the RIB single central driver's seat swivel
- Not compatible with heated seats or built-in passenger airbags (due to cable connections)
- Height Increase of your front seat with swivel fitted: 35mm
- All nuts and bolts supplied